The sponsor licence in the UK is helpful if an employer is interested in employing different types of workers from different parts of the world. Precisely, anyone willing to employ a person located outside the UK needs to get a sponsor license. It includes employing people based on the skilled visa working head, too.
You have to attain the sponsorship license to do this, which is possible if you apply with the Home Office. After you pay the fees, you will stand a chance to get the license and then begin the hiring process.
You will be granted a license based on the following:
- If your company can submit proofs regarding the roles for which the recruitment is being planned.
- You submit the list of employees you intend to sponsor after getting the license.
- You duly meet the requirements for the sponsor licence application and acquisition.
Also, as an employee, you should ensure the proper placement of the HR system of the company where you are seeking employment. You can seek the assistance of the HR department as it is the one that caters to the sponsorship compliance duties.
As a company, here are some tips to help you seamlessly get through the UK sponsorship licence process.
1. Figure Out The Kind Of Sponsor Licence To Apply For
Different kinds of licences render employment opportunities for people to move to the UK. As a company, you should figure out the kind of licence you are seeking for displacing your employees. Some of the common ones are as follows:
- The global business mobility visa senior or the specialist worker licence
- The temporary licence is for workers who wish to come or are being called to the UK for a specific time only.
2. Ensure Meeting The Eligibility
Your company should be genuine and should not have broken any law. You will automatically fall under the investigative umbrella if you indulge in unlawful trade practices in the UK. So, refrain from such activity when applying for the licence. Also, your company should be based in the country itself.
3. Meet The Suitability Criteria
It would help if you catered to the suitability criteria, and once you fall into the category of being a potential sponsor, you stand a chance to get the licence. Some factors for the same are as follows:
- The employment vacancy is genuine, and the recruitment department and system are in an unquestionable space.
- The company, its top-level management, owners, and directors are honest, reliable, and can be depended upon.
- There is no threat to immigration control, and the company possesses appropriate planning permission or consent for the trade dealings.
Once you cater to these points and cross-verify the same, you are at a better stand to get the licence.
4. Promising To Meet The Duties
When you apply for it, you should adhere to the expected duties from you, which are as follows:
- Preparing and maintaining proper records.
- Running checks to monitor and report ongoing activities and issues.
- Practising absence monitoring.
- Keeping the Home Office in the loop if there are any precise changes.
Ensure that your company is adequately catering to the immigration compliance audit as a part of the sponsor’s duties. Any failure in doing this may result in the refusal of the licence. So, it would help if you were extra careful while catering to the dos and don’ts.
As an employer applying for the sponsor licence in the UK, you should be aware that all the employment roles do not fall under the scheme. Many sectors, skills, and salary levels are excluded. Hence, you should ensure that you cater to the skill, salary, and language requirements to apply for the licence accordingly. It will ensure a hassle-free process, and there won’t be any last-minute confusion.