As the world is evolving with the latest technology, new online crimes and frauds have also seen a rise with them. Not only is it a major concern for the players but also game developers as it can breach the trust level of gamers whenever they experience fraudulent activity in the game. With the biometric recognition process, a 3D face description is generated through the selfie, which can prove to be effective for the gaming world to detect any criminal theft movement. The act of cheating, faking the ID of someone else, illegal money transactions from the online payments done through in-game purchases, and much more can lead the world to encounter more crimes than ever. This calls for the need for a biometric screening solution to be implemented as soon as possible.
Online Legalization Surging In the Gaming Sector
One of the primary concerns for market developers is to prevent underage gaming. With minors getting access to websites that can be harmful to them, technically there hasn’t been any means to absolutely confirm that an individual is old enough to legally play online games.
Instead of storing large amounts of tangible data which can be misplaced at some point, a biometric identity system, the digital technique of storing information, is now used through which a user’s true identity can be detected in a time-saving and cost-effective manner. Upon receiving the data about the user’s real name, age, address, it can be easy to filter those players who do not configure with the legal age to play games.
3 Stages of Biometric Security System
There are mainly 3 primary steps upon which verification is conducted even during biometric passport identification:
- Recognizing the face from an image.
- Conversion of the facial features into readable data
- Identity is revealed – categorized as either authentic or non-authentic individual.
Dangers of Not Using Biometrics in Online Gaming
There are many factors through which minors can be targeted by scammers in the gaming world if they do not use a biometric ID. Some of those aspects are:
- Cyber Bullying: Escaping the real world while entering into the online gaming zone by making an anonymous profile can prove to be dangerous and can give rise to cyber-bullying. Kids can be tormented with the words, or even sometimes certain actions which can affect their mental abilities. Upon coming across such a situation, a screenshot should be taken and should be sent to gaming operators to deal with the situation. Read also about wpc15
- Privacy Breaches: Accounts of the users can be hacked by scammers and it can violate the privacy of users by chatting with them in games and asking for personal information.
- Selling old devices: Whenever an electronic device is sold, it might happen that personal information is not erased from all formats which can cause hackers to break into the accounts of players.
- Hidden Payments: Many games offer a premium version in which they offer all features but require a fee that needs to be paid after a certain amount of time which a lot of players are not known about.
Read Also: Videovor
Protective Security Measures with Biometric User Authentication
For online gaming, a method of biometric user authentication is used which can utilize modalities like facial features, fingerprints, voice, and iris detection. As each and every individual has unique features, it leads this service to have a higher rate of accuracy for catching fraudsters.
This is the reason biometric authentication security checks are not easy to fool around. It gives the option of face recognition due to this the need for remembering long passwords to log in to gaming accounts can be minimized with biometric screening measures.
Read also: Everything You Should Need To Know About WPC2025 Live:
Wrapping it Up
Despite operating with innovative technology-oriented services, there are still a lot of security areas that require attention because users never know who they are interacting with online in the gaming world. The banning of gambling and betting sites is not the only solution to look forward to. It has become a need for society to bring fairness and minimize illicit online crimes. The biometric ID card screening process has built-in measures which can provide security for the players and the gaming developers.
Moreover, this process is compatible with most smartphone cameras and can access the age of the player who has joined the platform. For the game developers, it enhances their brand image as players have developed trust while securing their personal data. As it is almost impossible to fake someone’s facial features and fingerprints, the biometric user authentication service protects the gaming industry from sophisticated crimes and unlawful deceptions.
Read More About: Huawei MateBook